My photo
Just another unusual girl on the net. A writer to be. x

Friday, January 18, 2013

A thought from a reader


Do you like to read? I do. I gotta admit that I don't really like the idea of reading a book on my iPod, iPad, iPhone and what not. Here's what I thought. I really like reading. I know there's a lot of application nowadays like iBooks or eBooks that can allow people to download these books for free. I know it will pretty much save up your money to actually buy the book. And for a book lover like me it pretty much can cost me a fortune if I own more than one hundred books. Unlike you, I wasn't born rich so money is always an issue. In this case though, I really do not mind at all. To buy books is actually my very on satisfaction. You see, I myself is a very strange girl. I know that there's girls out there that enjoy shopping for the latest clothes, following the new trends, what's hot for the season and such just to look pretty and they just happy for being that. For me, I do honestly do not mind wearing the same ol' sweatshirts that I have for ages. I do not really care being the 'clothes repeater'. And I dress just fine. So I really do save my money from buying new clothes every week. So where did all my money go? To me, I would rather spend my money on buying books. Downloading a book on your iPod is just isn't the same as owning it. The feeling is different and I do not really like to depend on the technology too much since everything is there now. I still enjoy reading a real book in a cafe, spending hours and hours flipping through the pages rather than reading it on the ipod and stare at the iPod's screen for hours.The feeling of your finger on the pages and the feeling of your finger on the screen is not the same. To actually read a book that you can't put down is simply the best feeling in the world and getting lost in a book and sink into the words are even greater. There are simply no words to describe it. I love the smell of a new book or even the old ones. And not to forget the paper cuts I'll be getting when I first buy it. Gosh, how weird can I be right. x



17 comments:

  1. i love the feel of a book in my hands too! hahha i love one direction too :) nice picture on the side of your blog of the girl holding the watermelon. it's so cute! :) (well of course so is one direction)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaa! We have the same interest! Directioners got love :D anyway thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. I agree, it feels too strange for me to use an iPad when I've grown up turning physical pages. Just chanced upon your blog and love it :)
    I'm your newest follower!

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... Same as me... I really love reading and I prefer to read the old way ^^

    Caroline
    Please feel free to join giveaway on my blog : $80 MsDressy Gift Voucher ^^
    http://missoline.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oww, thanks for your comment! i love your blog darling.
    i follow you now.
    kisses*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww' thanks for liking my blog too! and thanks for following me as well :*

      Delete
  5. it's kind of difficult reading when using an ipad or etc ..it doesn't feel the same way when reading an actual book.. and i end up getting distracted like surfing the web or going on youtube ..tsk tsk .. lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. We've been reading the actual book since forever and no advance device can change that :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much ! You write really well :) Following you of course
    x

    www.be-your-own-hero-now.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thanks for your comment sweetheart. I'm following you back now. Love you interest in 1D, I love them too!
    I totally agree about books, there's something about holding a book that can't be replaced with an iPad or kindle. Seeing that the end of a book is near pushes me on to finish it, you don't get that with an electronic book surely?

    Much love, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, thank for your comment! I'm following you now
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I totally agree with you.. I think the same when it comes to cds, I download my favorite songs to my pc and all but it's totally different to have the cd in your hands. Love your blog btw :) following now!

    faultraces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ALthough I do LOVE technology, I still prefer reading a physical book over reading one on the iPad/iPhone ect. It just isn't the same!

    And did you take those b&w photos? They're lovely.


    glitteredbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Books will always wwin win win! Thank you for following my blog and your lovely comment :) I'd be happy to give you some advice, if you upload a picture of email it to me at aldavey95@gmail.com I will have a look :) X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog and I enjoy reading too such a relaxing past time love your photos x

    http://krystelcouture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete